PLEASE BE NOTICED THAT MILITARY MODELS ARE AVAILABLE ONLY FOR MILITARY CONTRACTORS AND CANNOT BE SOLD ON COMMERCIAL MARKET
Wayland Mk II - 550 NATO NSN: 1940-43-001-7175
Assignment : Landing-patrol operations - commando unit
Wayland MK II FORMOZA 550 SOF – folding kayak designed intentionally for commandos operating on water Kayak is characterized by strengthened frame and skin construction as well as additional functional features enable fast and discreet moving by two operators with necessary operational equipment.
NATO structures operations
discreet patrolling of aquatic industrial objects (docks, dams, harbor infrastructure) at bad weather condition – aquatic patrolling from parent bigger boats – defense and patrolling of territorial waters, sea border zones, bog (swamp) borderline parts – patrolling coastal zones to protect them from infiltration, round the island patrol, , sea level, inaccessible parts patrol, mangrove forests patrol, coastline, lakes, rivers, and aquatic areas, sea level – radio beacons and hydro-acoustic buoys service – exploring and charting of sea currents, weather and sailing conditions reconnaissance
discreet transportation and efficient withdrawing of operators along with necessary equipment into mission area – transportation and collection of civilian and military persons from zones infiltrated by enemy – target approach at hard atmospheric conditions such as: storm, ice float, strong wind, arctic conditions – launching and landing operations from other aqueous and aerial units i.e. helicopter, plane, carrier, submarine – landing operations on water: 10 m airdrop ( 95% of undamaged elements), 5 m airdrop ( 100% of undamaged elements of kayak) – approach and withdraw of mission area from far distance along coastline, offshore waters, along rivers run – shuttle traffic service between river banks – arctic area operations (good thermal insulation from water) – airdrop with parachute into mission area
STANDARD PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
- Kayak length / width – 550 x 90 cm (excluding rudder). Cockpit length / width – 260 x 55 cm
- Kayak weight – +/- 45kg. Payload – 380kg. 600l internal capacity
- Black (dark brown) matt finish wood frame
- Deck colours –Black (Sattler Black) – default standard colour, Olive Green (Sattler Nato Khaki), or Camouflage (Sattler Camo)
- Sponsons – 4 (Quattro) bow to stern removable air sponsons , enclosed in black nylon sleeves.
- Protective keel strips (outside of hull) – one central 25 cm floor keel strip + two side 6cm keel strips 6 cm (standard) OR 4 x 6cm keel strips
- Decks – holders for 2 spare split paddles, bow to stern deck lines, anchor pocket, bow / stern deck belts with D-rings, central strap net (over the spray
cover between front & rear paddler – acts as the floor for any kit placed on top), bow & stern carry handles, removable bow / stern splash guards,
removable side accessory storage bags.
- Rudder system with adjustable rudder pedals for rear paddler
- Inflatable comfort seats – attaches to gunwale frames with adjustable straps
- 2 or 3 x packing bags with floatation airbags for water transport (float the kayak bags on water). Hull (kayak skin) packing bag comes with an
integrated loading tray – when bag is inwardly folded, this attaches to the rear deck creating a flat platform ‘tray’ for paddler / diver in the water.
Kayak frame carry bag – approx 160 x 45 x 45cm, hull/skin backpack bag – approx 90 x 60 x 40cm. Rib bag approx 76 x 34 x 20cm
- Spray cover with 2 removable spray skirts and adjustable shoulder straps with front bag for shortwave radios or accessories,
- 2 x camouflage kayak covers (standard Polish camouflage patterns, other camouflage patterns, optional extra),
- 2 x split black paddles,
- hoisting liftingbstraps for raising / launching the boat – use with air transport (helicopters) or mother ships, central cargo storage bag (attaches to cargo net platform)
Repair kit with spare alu parts and patches of deck/hull materials (no glue included – courier shipping restriction, can use any neoprene glue
- Bow / stern pieces, ribs, gunwales – marine plywood
- Longerons / stringers, gunwales, coaming / breakwater – Ash / Beech
- Treated with 1 coat beige / mordant primer, 2 layers of transparent non-reflective salt water resistant varnish and 1 final coat of matt paint with low
radar/infrared signature. Cross ribs & keel board have printed numbers. Night identification marks (plastic pips) available on request.
- Fittings – marine aluminium (ENAW 6082) and non-magnetic stainless steel
Hull / skin
- Upper deck –Sattler fabric created specifically for marine applications. Tear resistant, waterproof, UV resistant, colour proofed.
- Hull – Heavy duty grade 1400 g ORCA Hypalon (1670 dtex, 1500 deniers) / or lighter 900 g TPU
Other features / accessories available – optional extras
- Deck loading hatches – rear deck or front & rear decks. NB –front hatches cannot be combined with anchor holder and front paddle pockets – front
paddle pockets will be changed to paddle holders
- Kayak carry shoulder straps, Folding anchor, Downwind sail rig, Foot braces for front paddler, Spare sponsons (2 pieces), marine compass
- Accessory mount board (front or rear) – clamps on breakwater, to self attach various mounts. (EG marine compass, cleats, torch, etc)
- 4 x internal storage bags with external pockets for holding small items. Creates ‘cupboards’ alongside paddler’s legs, attached to the side gunwale
- MOLLE fixing system